[PD] soundtouch~ for Pd Vanilla

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 11:37:35 CET 2021

> Em qua., 27 de jan. de 2021 às 07:12, katja <katjavetter at gmail.com>
> escreveu:
>
>> Doesn't build, load, or what? If you create a branch with your
>> pd-lib-builder attempt, someone might help figure out why it "doesn't
>> work" (I'm not promising it'll be me).
>>

>  I haven't really even tried properly. I just tried in the most lazy
> attempt to include pd-lib-builder and it didn't work (no surprise). Then I
> tried the makefle as it is and it was a success, so I guess other can build
> with it just fine. Perhaps other people with better knowledge on how
> makefiles work can help and make an actual (and probably successful)
> attempt. I'll merge and we can make a "1.0" release with that.

SoundTouch (from Olli Parviainen
https://gitlab.com/soundtouch/soundtouch) uses an autotools build
system with configure script. For a makefile approach these
configurations have to be figured out (per platform).

However, I'm not sure whether brushing up this old port is worth the
effort, also considering the nameclash potential. The CEAMMC port
seems to expose more options from the library (anti-aliasing):

https://github.com/uliss/pure-data/blob/ceammc/ceammc/extra/SoundTouch/pd/soundtouch_tilde.cpp

Unfortunately there's no Linux build of CEAMMC in deken so I couldn't
quickly compare implementations. Porres can you explain the reason for
updating an old port while there is a maintained implementation
available?