[PD] Advice on netsend to broadcast

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 22:55:32 CET 2021

On Sat, 2021-02-06 at 00:36 +0100, João Pais wrote:

> I'm preparing a patch using [netsend -u -b], sending to
> 192.168.178.255
> with my home devices. This was working quite well, but suddenly one
> of
> them stopped sending data to this address

Does the outlet of [netsend] indicate that it is connected still? Maybe
it hasn't stopped sending, but messages are not forwarded anymore by
the router (assuming that your computers are using wifi or ethernet
cable to router and are not connected directly). Hard to tell without
more info. You could try restart the computers and even the router.

>  (although it still receives).

So you also have a [netreceive -u -b] in your patch?

Roman