[PD] who still needs Pd 32 bits for macOS and why?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 03:00:47 CET 2021

Em sáb., 6 de fev. de 2021 às 22:23, bbob <fluxmonk at gmail.com> escreveu:

> Alexandre
>
> pretty obscure, i'm sure, but I have a project using Tom Zicarelli's
> 32bit pd-rtlsdr library (https://github.com/tkzic/pd-rtlsdr).  I've
> written to Tom a couple times to ask if he's ever thinking about updating
> it... or if not, if he'd allow someone else to,

And I assume you never got an answer... well, that's probably because this
is an abandoned project from 7 years ago and he doesn't care anymore :)

I wouldn't call this "obscure", seems like a nice/useful object, but not a
"relevant" one (meaning not "famous" and widely used external/library like
the ones from extended)

Anyway, usually people provide the source code with a license that makes it
clear what you can do or not, but this repository has NO LICENSE... this is
probably because the author didn't care much on how to license it and I bet
it's because he doesn't care much about what people will do with it.
Licenses are useful to make restrictions, but not allowing one to provide a
build for 64 bits would be sort of insane in the open source world.

> though I wouldn't have the faintest clue about how to do that myself.

I probably have a better clue than you, but it's not like that means much
:) nonetheless, I'll say it's usually not a big deal making it work for 64
bits

I'd write him one last time saying "I'll fork this and distribute, if you
have something against it, say it now or never" :)

you can then open a new thread and ask people here for help on making a 64
build for this, I'd help as I can.

cheers