[PD] who still needs Pd 32 bits for macOS and why?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 10:37:13 CET 2021

As an aside: Don't forget that the absence of a license does not make the work explicitly "free for all", quite the opposite:

https://choosealicense.com/no-permission/ <https://choosealicense.com/no-permission/>

The chances of the original authoring coming back and asking for a takedown etc are usually low for this kind of thing, but still better to go ahead and get a them to set a minimal license which you can then use with the project to carry it forward.

We recently had a project for work using a 3rd party library form GitHub and asked the author to add a license so we could, in the end, safely use it in a soon-to-be release public project.

> On Feb 7, 2021, at 3:01 AM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>
> Anyway, usually people provide the source code with a license that makes it
> clear what you can do or not, but this repository has NO LICENSE... this is
> probably because the author didn't care much on how to license it and I bet
> it's because he doesn't care much about what people will do with it.
> Licenses are useful to make restrictions, but not allowing one to provide a
> build for 64 bits would be sort of insane in the open source world.

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>