[PD] [PD-announce] CICM-TOOLS 1.5

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 14:21:44 CET 2021

Hi, I'm "resurrecting" CICM-Tools: a set of 3 objects allowing you to
virtually position a sound source in a multiphonic space. They are:

   - [ambicube~] - 3D spatialisation by ambisonic B format
   - [ambipan~] - 2D spatialisation by ambisonic B format
   - [vbapan~] - 2D spatialisation by Vector Base Amplitude Panning

CICM-Tools is abandoned and unsupported. The archived version for MAX is
found at https://github.com/CICM/CicmTools. The Pd download of the original
sources and binaries (32 bits only) can be found at
http://cicm.mshparisnord.org/.

The version 1.5 for Pure Data was released on july 14th 2004. In my
repository (https://github.com/porres/pd-cicm-tools) I provided binaries
for 64 bits as well. I made quite minor modifications to the help file so
it's all vanilla and needs no abstraction dependency. And of course I kept
the original license.

Find it https://github.com/porres/pd-cicm-tools/releases/tag/1.5 and you
can also download it by searching "cicmtools" via deken.

The Max version has a newer version and maybe one could port that to PD as
well for a new release.

Raspberry pi binaries may pop up soon.

cheers