[PD] Hoa Library? (was: CICM-TOOLS 1.5)

Pierre Guillot guillotpierre6 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 16:18:11 CET 2021

> not sure what you mean, are you saying we should forget about your
abandoned work and just stick to the version from ceammc? Or are you saying
I could ask them for help on what needs to be done so it compiles?

Not necessarily "forget" as the Hoa library is part of the CEAMMC library.
If you just want to "resurrect" the Hoa library exactly as it was 4 years
ago, I'm afraid that you will spend a lot of time for not many benefit
because most of the Hoa objects and patches are already available via the
CEAMMC library. So, it would be simpler to help the CEAMMC devs to finish
the integration of the Hoa library into the CEAMMC library. But, of course,
it depends on what you want to do and how you want to do it - to be honest
if I had the time there is a high probability that I recreate a new
spatialization library from scratch just to have fun to explore new
approaches,  so I'm really not the right person to tell what to do and how
to do it ;).