[PD] Image from shader back to Gem

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Feb 14 20:57:19 CET 2021

On 2/14/21 8:17 PM, Csaba Láng wrote:
> What do you mean?
>
> Too much?

i think you have lost me.

you wrote:
 > Can it be this too (shader and Gem) somehow connected?

which i translated to:
 > Can I somehow run shaders in Gem?

to which i replied (in a rather brusque way) by mentioning the
Gem-objects that allow you to load and execute shaders within Gem.

i don't know what "Too much?" would refer to.
i'm not even sure whether my translation of your question about shaders
and Gem is correct (actually, i'm pretty sure it is plain wrong)

actually, i'm quite confused about your entire reply on cyrille's
[pix_snap] suggestion.
relating [pix_snap] to manual correction and shaders to automatic
correction just doesn't make sense to me.

so you probably should re-phrase that part (or just ignore my answer
completely).

fgmds
IOhannes

anyhow: i still agree with cyrille that the answer to your question "how
to read back an image from a shader in Gem?" is: [pix_snap].
but that answer (just as my snarky answer) assumes that you run the
shader *within* Gem.