[PD] list item picker widget

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 21:59:59 CET 2021

On Sun, 2021-02-14 at 11:21 +0100, João Pais wrote:

> > For [jp.menu] to load properly, I had to [declare -path ggee -path
> > list-abs]. I think that could be done within [jp.menu] itself.
>
> Strange, that should be necessary in my computer as well. I'll have
> check it.

Ok, I should have checked better. [jp.menu] indeed [declare]s
everything, just not in the top-most patch. So my report was bogus.
Sorry for that.

Now I understand why it didn't load for me while it does for you. I
adapted my Pd setup to new school and download Deken packages to
$HOME/Pd/externals which was automatically created and added to Pd's
search path. This works with [declare -path] and [declare -lib] style
declares. However, [jp.menu] uses [declare -stdlib zexy -stdpath ggee
-stdpath list-abs] which works if you have the externals installed in
<Pd-dir>/extra. That's probably what you do, so it works for you.

I'm not quite sure what the canonical declaration style is, -lib|-path
or -stdlib|-stdpath. I guess the former will work better for Pd's own
default setup.

Roman