[PD] unicode symbols and Pd

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 04:32:46 CET 2021

Em seg., 18 de jan. de 2021 às 17:45, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
escreveu:

> there are of course exceptions to this: eg Gem handles the fonts on its
> own (using a library; I'm not crazy enough attempting to handle fonts
> myself).

Wow, This is huge for me. And I missed what this meant when I first read it
(don't read emails on summer vacation).

So we can do this on the external level. I see it might be tricky and
perhaps you can elaborate on the challenges please. It's just that once I
was asking if we could do that for external (thinking about cyclone/comment
then) and I got the idea that telling externals where to look for fonts is
not possible, but I see now Gem allows us to do that!

This would really be great for something like this where you can ship a
"music symbol" font and use an external like cyclone/comment to display
cool symbolic musical thingies!

I'll check on it and see if I can make any of it.

Cheers