[PD] Unable to enter a number value using keyboard

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Feb 15 23:43:29 CET 2021

On 2/15/21 11:19 PM, Pedro Alexandre de Araújo Gomes Lapido Loureiro wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm using Pd version 0.51.4 and Windows 10.
> When I create a number object, I'm unable to enter a value using the
> keyboard. It's only possible using ctrl + mouse left button.

Pd is a "modal" program that has two modes: a "run" mode and an "edit" mode.
"edit" mode is for creating and changing the patch ("program") itself.
"run" mode is for interacting with the running patch.

changing a number in a numberbox is considered a run-mode interaction,
so you need to switch to run-mode (using <Ctrl>+<e>) first.

see doc/2.control.examples/02.editing.pd

using the <Ctrl>-key you can *temporarily* switch from edit-mode to
run-mode.

gmrdsa
IOhannes