[PD] linux and midi

Allister Sinclair allistersinclair at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 16:34:46 CET 2021

Hi,

How do you deal with midi in pd in linux (Ubuntu Studio) ?
I use alsamidi and alsaconnect to initiate midi ins and outs.
Used [midiin] with no problem until pd 0.5.1 .
Now [midiin] skips some data when too much midi is getting in (moving
several faders/pots fast), which makes it impossible to route midi messages.

So I tried using only [ctlin] and [notein], but while solving this issue,
they bring another problem which I guess is more of a linux issue:
channel/port number, changes randomly after each system reboot, which is a
nightmare.

--
Allister