[PD] Best practices for [declare]

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Thu Feb 25 10:56:55 CET 2021

My 2 Cents:

There is one pitfall which should be mentioned, since it happened to me and
also others I wanted to teach structured Pd programming:

  "The order of -path statements matters"

Use case:
If I want to look in specific directory first for finding objects and libraries,
so I can handle local overwrites or so and distribute the -path statements in
many declare objects, then I do not know from looking at the code which path
is used first, unless I create them in the order I want (Ctrl-X, Ctrl-V on each
object), which is an undocumented behaviour which might change in future.

mfg
   winfried

My solution only one declare objets in a subpatch from the main patch with all
the pathes in the wanted order.