[PD] Best practices for [declare]

Antoine Rousseau antoine at metalu.net
Thu Feb 25 23:30:42 CET 2021

Well, I don't know, it seems to me that use cases where the declaration
order matters (name clash, overloading...) are relatively rare, so it's
rarely needed to concatenate more than a couple of paths. So maybe the
index argument would be overcomplicated.

I can say the same as Roman: I'm personally quite happy with the [declare]
system as it is now!

However, old patches that used "-stdpath" don't work on newer setups, where
externals are no longer stored in "standard" directories.
Are "-stdpath" and "-stdlib" still absolutely necessary today? If they
weren't, they could be made equivalent to "-path" and "-lib" so every
choice would work.
Maybe a startup flag could then restore the original behavior, if needed.

Antoine Rousseau
  http://www.metalu.net <http://metalu.net> __
http://www.metaluachahuter.com/
<http://www.metaluachahuter.com/compagnies/al1-ant1/>