[PD] Best practices for [declare]

Sebastian Shader sebfumaster at aol.com
Fri Feb 26 00:48:23 CET 2021

why is it that using standard install locations isn't encouraged (or rather, why did it move into Documents of all places?)

Imo it would be less confusing for -stdlib to load paths as well so it could be used for a specific library whether it is multi-or single-binary.(and then if [declare] were canvas-local for libraries, and if you could load objects from multi-object libraries by using lib/object as wellthat would be the best case scenario. But I understand there are technical limitations https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/630 https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/1257)
-seb