[PD] questions for delay external (was: pause writing to delay line / hybrid of array and delay)

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Mon Mar 1 20:49:28 CET 2021

On 01.03.21 04:13, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> Em dom., 28 de fev. de 2021 às 16:20, Alexandre Torres Porres
> <porres at gmail.com <mailto:porres at gmail.com>> escreveu:
>
>     I'm thinking about creating a variant of delread/write~ for ELSE
>     with this "freeze" functionality. But maybe we can request to add it
>     to vanilla.
>

>   maybe this is best for the pd-dev list, but here I go.
>
> In my design choice for a variation of delread/write, I think it could
> be given a unique delay name when a delay write object is not given a
> delay line argument. This name could then be sent via an outlet to a
> read object. This looks like how things work for MAX's tapin~/tapout~
> and I confess I'm taking it as a model.
>
> Now, big question, can I force an order of execution with such a
> connection? Would it have to be a signal connection only?

I think adding that freeze option to delay would be fantastic and even
more so when it gets Pd's functionality en par with the Max/MSP
counterparts.

What I also would like to see is a tabwrite~-like object that uses an
array to write to, but each new sample gets pushed to the next index of
the array when a new one is added.

m.