[PD] providing object-lists for old deken packages (Re: restrict "find externals" to exact matches)

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 22:16:27 CET 2021

On Mon, 2021-03-01 at 17:45 -0300, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:

> so we actually really need to reupload them, given the scenario, huh?

Oh no, please don't. I'm grateful for all the effort that went into
making these packages available through Deken. It made the transition
from Pd-extended a breeze. But since how long is Pd-extended dead now?
Let those packages die in peace.

If there are libraries only available with the v0.0-extended version,
then I propose to give them a version proper, compile them for the
architectures in use *today* and put that to Deken, along with an
objects file. IMHO, the original binaries should be left alone.

Do you have any particular libraries in mind?

Roman