[PD] how to force the DSP call? / set delread~ delay name

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Tue Mar 2 02:41:09 CET 2021

> while we're at it, any reason why not to have a "set" method for
> [send~] and [catch~]? Seems inconsistent
For the same reason why you can't set the name of [delwrite~]: it's the
object owning the buffer. In theory, it would be possible to bind the
object to another name, but why would you want to do that? Also, you
would have to notify *all* existing [delread~] objects, so they have a
chance to update the delay line (if needed).

Generally, resources have a fixed name and you only dynamically set the
name in accessor objects. For example, you would set the array in [array
set] and [array get], but you wouldn't change the name of the [array
define] *).

Christof

*) Actuallly, it's possible with the "rename" method, but it's *very*
confusing.