[PD] questions for delay external (was: pause writing to delay line / hybrid of array and delay)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 06:08:08 CET 2021

Em seg., 1 de mar. de 2021 às 16:51, Max <abonnements at revolwear.com>
escreveu:

> I think adding that freeze option to delay would be fantastic and even
> more so when it gets Pd's functionality en par with the Max/MSP
> counterparts.

I do like this option in Vanilla, I have to confess I haven't figured it
out yet how to adapt the code to do that. I'd love to provide that before
we could see this in Vanilla, but I got stuck.

I'm still thinking if I can force an order of execution with a control
connection, but maybe as discussed in my other email, I'd need an API
change so objects know about connections.

> What I also would like to see is a tabwrite~-like object that uses an
> array to write to, but each new sample gets pushed to the next index of
> the array when a new one is added.

I'm also putting that into my list. I have else/tabwriter~, which could
have that option.