[PD] providing object-lists for old deken packages

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Mar 2 14:18:41 CET 2021

On 3/2/21 10:31 AM, Lucas Cordiviola wrote:
> On 3/2/2021 4:26 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>
>> so I would need a list of libraries to import.
>
> There might be more but these are not maintained AFAIK:
>
> adaptive
> arraysize
> bassemu~
> boids
> chaos
> ekext
> hexloader
> log
> markex
> mediasettings
> motex
> PDContainer
> pddp
> pmpd
> cxc
> ext13
> windowing
> pmpd
> moocow

"hexloader" and "mediasettings" are maintained.

"arraysize" has been superseded by "array size" (and it was a
test-project in the first place, let's not resurrect it).

but more interestingly: how did you come up with this list?

i tried:
```
import requests
import json
data=json.loads( \
     requests.get("https://deken.puredata.info/search.json").text \
     )["result"]["libraries"]
xlibs=[]
for lib in data:
   if not [_ for _ in data[lib] \
        if _ not in ('0.0.extended', '0-0extended')]:
     xlibs.append(lib)

# remove libs hosted (and maintained) at the iem:
xlibs = [_ for _ in xlibs if not _.startswith("iem")]
xlibs = [_ for _ in xlibs if not _.startswith("pix_")]
# and some more libs that are known to be maintained
xlibs = [_ for _ in xlibs if _ not in ("hexloader", "pmpd")]

for lib in sorted(set(xlibs)):
   print(lib)
```

which gives me:
PDContainer
adaptive
apple
arraysize
bassemu
bassemu~
boids
chaos
earplug
earplug~
extra
flatgui
gem2pdp
hcs
hidin
jasch_lib
la-kitchen
libdir
log
mapping
markex
motex
nsend
oscx
pan
pd-wavelet
pdcontainer
pddp
pdlua
pdogg
pdp
plugin~
purepd
rtc
search-plugin
sfruit
syslog
tclpd
testtools
timestretch
unauthorized
vanilla
vbap

there's a few duplicates ("bassemu~" vs "bassemu", "earplug~" vs
"earplug", "PDcontainer" vs "pdcontainer")
and a few libraries that i believe should not be made available at all:
"arraysize", "extra", "vanilla", "oscx"

gfmadsr
IOhannes