[PD] pause writing to delay line / hybrid of array and delay

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 18:59:55 CET 2021

Hey Max, what do you need this for exactly? I've been meaning to get to
this since I started working with cyclone, the idea then was to clone
tapin~/tapout~ but the same design seems complicated for Pd as I discussed
in other threads.

So, I made changes to delread4~/delwrite~ that allows freezing, but I
already have 2 delay externals in ELSE, and I should "freeze" them too.

I have [ffdelay~] and [fbdelay~] (feed forward and feedback). These are
single objects so you don't need a "write"/"read" pair. For feed forwarding
delay, that's just fine, the problem with [fbdelay~] is that you cannot put
anything in the feedback loop, for that you need a pair like tapin~/tapout~
or delwrite~/delread4~ and put other stuff inside the chain.

So I ask why you need this for cause if it's for feed forwarding or simple
feedback (without putting anything in the feedback loop), my existing
externals would be ok for you now. I'll focus now on how to freeze them now
as well.

cheers