[PD] inlet names (bad?) practice?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 20:10:09 CET 2021

The idea doesn't sound bad, it'd be a nice GUI feature. As for the design,
I think you'd need a special flag to set the name and not just some symbol,
this way you'd not get into conflicts with the actual arguments.

Well, anyway, someone started abusing the fact that the object doesn't
complain about invalid arguments and now I can only see this as a bad
practice indeed. I like to joke that Pd will not complain if you create
[osc~ 440 hz (cycles per second)], but that doesn't mean you should do it
:)