[PD] Is there a cost to wiggling GUI objects which aren't visible?

William Huston williamahuston at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 05:29:42 CET 2021

My 12 band Flanger/Panner thing was so awesome,
I decided to convert it to [clone] to make it an N-Band thing.
I'm getting close! ...

But I am using a lot of wiggling GUI things inside the clone instances.
Is this a problem?

I have [hsl]s [vsl]s & blinking [bng]s,
triggered by a global metro, sample interval (typically) 50 to 250 ms.
*[metro 100] -> [s GlobalMetro]*
placed at the top level
... all to help me see what is happening.

I realize with [clone],
there could be a big CPU cost here.

*QUESTION:*

*1: Is there a CPU cost to wiggling GUI objects *

*in abstractions or subpatches *
*which aren't visible?*

*2: Does the rate of the metro matter? i.e.,*

*Is there a higher CPU cost for many moving GUI objects *
*updated at 10ms vs 250 ms?*

Thanks,
BH

William Huston:  WilliamAHuston at gmail.com
Binghamton NY

*Public Service Mapping / Videography / Research / Education / Safety
Advocacy*
Blog <http://WilliamAHuston.blogspot.com> -- Facebook
<http://facebook.com/billhuston> -- Twitter
<http://twitter.com/WilliamAHuston>-- Youtube
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGijK1amWOLglT3YeTyEBNQ?sub_congfirmation=1>
* -- Podcast Blog <https://billhustonpodcast.blogspot.com/>*
*Document collections*: VirtualPipelines
<http://TinyURL.com/VirtualPipelines> -- BHDCSDimockArchive
<http://bit.ly/BHDCSDimockArchive>
*Please support my work! -- *TinyURL.com/DonateToBillHuston