[PD] Gem: Looking for suggestions for camera / capture setup

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Tue Mar 9 11:05:16 CET 2021

On 09.03.21 07:05, Peter P. wrote:
> * Max <abonnements at revolwear.com> [2021-03-09 02:01]:
>> Hi List,
>>
>> what's a good setup for a decent framerate (50, 60 fps or even higher?) HD
>> live capture from Gem? Is it even possible?
>>
>> A related problem is that ideally I would like to have Gems framerate be
>> driven by the capturing, so that I'm sure not to have missed frames or have
>> captured the same frame twice. Is there a solution to that?
>
> I would love to learn about is as well! Have you tried searching for SDI
> on the mailing list archive?

I had a glance. I was hoping to get less general advice, preferably
concrete proven setups running on Linux.
I see there are decklink drivers, are there users out there who can
report achieved framerates and latencies from Gem? Which sensor module
are they using?

Anyone has a DeckLink Duo 2 Mini for example?

m.