[PD] Gem: Looking for suggestions for camera / capture setup

Csaba Láng langcsaba at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 11:39:34 CET 2021

Hi All,

I have made an interactive squash system with Pd based on Basler's high
speed cameras for machine vision. I use mainly above 200fps of 5 USB-3
cameras each of them on a separate USB bus.
The balls can fly with a 200km/s speed and I hardly have a problem
analyzing their position with pix_movement.
Surely the biggest problem is having a display with a similar fresh rate,
but if you do not need to render the image then it is fine.
The computer is a 3GHz processor and 32MB RAM with Ubuntu 19.04 if I
remember well.

Best,
Popesz