[PD] messy situations: writesf~ feature request

info at hansroels.be info at hansroels.be
Tue Mar 9 14:58:00 CET 2021

hi Roman,

Here is a patch that returns the recording status as good as possible.
It checks the order of messages (to writesf~), the current dsp status
and if the audio signal going to writesf~ is totally silent.  I hope
this patch should be an improvement in 'messy' situations...
But I still think that the error messages (in the Pd main window) of
writesf~ are a bit confusing and incomplete (and a simple output
triggering a '1' or 'yes' would simplify its use).

Hans