[PD] Gem: Looking for suggestions for camera / capture setup

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Wed Mar 10 00:03:59 CET 2021

On 09.03.21 11:39, Csaba Láng wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have made an interactive squash system with Pd based on Basler's high
> speed cameras for machine vision. I use mainly above 200fps of 5 USB-3
> cameras each of them on a separate USB bus.
Very cool.

Do you know which model?
https://www.baslerweb.com/en/products/cameras/area-scan-cameras/

I see USB3 vision is the standard. That works out of the box with Gem?
What I read here sounds promising: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB3_Vision

I remember GigE which was terribly hampered and one could download an
SDK after signing an NDA, but even with that SDK I wasn't able to get it
into Gem.

Would something like this work equally:
https://www.alliedvision.com/en/products/embedded-vision-cameras/detail/Alvium%201800%20U/-240.html

Also I think I have this frame grabber here in a different machine:
https://www.baslerweb.com/de/produkte/framegrabber-portfolio/framegrabber/microenable-5-ironman-aq8-cxp6d/

How big are my chances that I can get images from Gem with that card on
Linux?

Max