[PD] [PD-announce] ELSE 1.0-0 Beta 37 with Live Electronics Tutorial

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 00:03:59 CET 2021

ELSE 1.0-0 Beta 37 with Live Electronics Tutorial is out and I'm happy to
announce its 1st update of the year.

I had this idea that when I reached 400 externals that I might be ready to
move on past the beta phase. Well, I got 399 now, so I could be close.

I got many many breaking changes in this release (the greatest so far from
one version to another), so enjoying the fact it's still a beta phase. I
also got numerous fixes and improvements in current objects, let me pin
point a "freeze" option for ffdelay~/fbdelay~.

I got 6 new objects but I'm saving more new ones for the next release that
aren't quite ready yet (like a cool preset system). The highlight is
[note2pitch] and [pitch2note] that converts from note names to midi pitches
and vice versa. I also have a new [del~] object which is pretty much like
[delwrite~]/[delread4~] but with some fixes and many extra features, like
being able to resize the delay line and freeze it. I made pull requests to
add these to vanilla as well, let's see.

For a full changelog, downloads, see
https://github.com/porres/pd-else/releases/tag/v1.0-beta37

get it also from deken

The Live Electronics tutorial is also part of the download and has also
been updated, highlights is the revision on the delay lines section, where
I also included the new [del~] object and also put an example I was owing
on reverse delay lines.

We shall also release a new Camomile-ELSE version in the next few days,
stay tuned and check it out until it's there ;)
https://github.com/emviveros/Camomile-ELSE/releases