[PD] Adding up a thicket of oscillators

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 10:35:48 CET 2021

I'm not quite sure I understand your patching approach enough to debug.

If it's at all helpful, I can suggest how I might do this via [clone -n 1] with 72 instances of an abstraction:

[inlet]

[route freq gain]

[osc]

[*~ 0.25] <-- perhaps some trim amount as lots of osc are being summer

[*~ ] <--- single osc gain value goes here

[outlet~]

The outlets are summed in clone through the output. If you need stereo, it's the same just with two [outlet~]s and some sort of panner.

UDP messages would then just need to have the gain values read and applied to the clone instances by their ID, ie.

[1 gain 0.25

[clone 72 -n 1 orc-abs]

[*~ ] <--- master gain

[dac~] <-- or some similar output abstraction

Not knowing your networking message layout, I can't say anything else other than "use OSC" as addressing and arguments are relatively easy to work with via:

[netreceive -u -b]

[oscparse]

perhaps some routing etc

[clone]