[PD] pd~ and midiin objects

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Fri Mar 19 01:36:39 CET 2021

My feelings on this interface are rather uniform: sending to all those
#* symbols is ugly and tedious.

I think the use case is valid, but I think we rather need a dedicated Pd
message or object which directly puts messages on the MIDI queue, so
they are automatically forwarded to the relevant MIDI objects. This
means that users could simply take the output of [midiout] and feed it
directly into the new object/message.

On the other hand, are there any other uses cases except forwarding MIDI
to pd~? If no, then we could simply add a message to pd~ itself, e.g.
[pd~ midi <port> <bytes...>(, which would make this particular use case
very straightforward.

Christof