[PD] From telnet to netreceive whole sentence

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Mar 20 14:14:42 CET 2021

Am 20. März 2021 13:25:38 MEZ schrieb "Csaba Láng" <langcsaba at gmail.com>:
> Dear list,
>
> I want to get a string of words with spaces to puredata and render
> these
> words to gemwin with text3d.
> How can I send it from telnet and be sure all the words with spaces
> will
> arrive to netreceive?

send unicodepoints rather than strings, and use the [string ... ( msg of [text3d].

if your string is ASCII only, you can just use the output of [netreceive -u -b].

to use UDP, you need something like netcat.
with telnet you can only use TCP/IP, so you must accumulate the raw binary message depending on your made-up protocol (eg split lines on \n).

there's also a utf-8 to unicodepoint abstraction in the Unicode library at https://git.iem.at/pd/unicode

> Normally if I send via OSC I loose everything after the space.

then you are probably doing something wrong (when crreaatinthe OSC message).

mfg.hft.fsl
IOhannes