[PD] Pduino 0.7 compatibility with Pd vanilla

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sat Mar 20 23:13:39 CET 2021

On Sat, 2021-03-20 at 21:53 +0100, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> On Sat, 2021-03-20 at 19:24 +0100, Gilles Marivier wrote:
> > :
> > > https://github.com/pd-externals/pduino/issues
> >
> > Done !
> >
> > I forgot a point : all others pins work fine on Nano
>
> Thanks, yeah, I saw it. However, I can't make any promises, though,
> since I don't own a Nano (in case that problem is specific to the
> Nano,
> which is not yet clear).

Ok, this particular problem is fixed in current master. It turns out
the buggy code had 8 copies! So always the last pin in a group of 8 (7,
15, 23, etc.)  did not return anything.

I believe this digital input mess could be done in a better, more
robust way with less code duplication.

Also, with the Arduino Leonardo and Firmata 2.5, the higher numbered
pins (the "analog pins") do not report with pduino when set as digital
inputs.

It looks like some refactoring of that old code is warranted.

Roman