[PD] pause writing to delay line / hybrid of array and delay

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Tue Mar 23 13:00:31 CET 2021

On 21.03.21 19:17, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:
>>> so once you let go, you have to wait for another 7 seconds until the
>>> entire buffer is usable again?
>>
>> No, it appends the new samples to the queue/deck/table on the right
>> and discards them on the left. There is currently no interpolation, so
>> there will be a click at this position.
>>

> ah well, that's what i meant with "usable buffer": one that has
> consistent data, without clicks.
>
> so after you "let go", there is of course still 7 seconds of audio data
> in the buffer, but only after waiting another 7 seconds, this data is
> consistent again.

In practice, because of how the interaction is set up, there is always
silence in these discontinuities, so they are never an issue and the
buffer seems consistent. I've uploaded a video just for you:
https://vimeo.com/527767330
(color of waveform is the spectral centroid courtesy of timbreID)

Busserl

Max