[PD] Pd and computer crash/freeze when using [comport], bug?

Nicklas Lundberg nlundberg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 16:10:48 CEST 2021

Hmm, it does not crash when [serial_print any] is disconnected. You can
quit normally.

This may be relevant:

Pd console reports no errors when communication fails when trying too fast
updates (with [serial_print any] disconnected less than 30 ms).

I uploaded a similar setup (pd patch+arduino sketch) to the folder. Here it
does not crash even if updates are sent every 1 ms. And the pd console
starts to write error messages when the communication is too fast (starts
around 7 ms).