[PD] pd~ -nogui process with Gem [scopeXYZ]

Samuel Burt composer.samuel.burt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 17:16:00 CEST 2021

Here's what I'm trying to do:
On a Raspberry Pi 3, *I want to run an audio patch that generates LFOs and
also have a Gem window that shows [scopeXYZ].* There are tremendous
dropouts unless [scopeXYZ] has a very short length of samples to process.

Here's one problem I've run into:
I'm prototyping on Windows 10. I decided to try running the Gem component
in a subprocess [pd~]. *The [pd~] object doesn't seem to accept the
"-nogui" tag. How do I use it?* Will it also hide the terminal window that
launches the second copy of Pd?

Is this an effective method of separating Gem from audio on a Raspberry Pi?
Is there a better way?

Hi. I find it difficult to search for discussions related to pd~ because
Google uses ~ for synonym searches.  Any tips for searching for [pd~] on
the web and the mailing list?

Thanks!
Sam