[PD] saving table contents confusion

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Sat Apr 24 16:24:46 CEST 2021

* Christof Ressi <info at christofressi.com> [2021-04-24 15:27]:
> > Any chance this could be
> > improved in the GUI somehow?
> The improvement is called [array define] ;-) [table] is legacy and shouldn't
> be used in new projects.
Thanks Christof! Still I wonder about the reasons for the different
behavior described in my last post.

> Generally, use a graphical array if you need the array to be visible,
> otherwise use [array define]. The latter still allows you to look at the
> data (e.g. for debugging purposes), but the properties menu is completely
> disabled.
Indeed, [array define] even throws an error message "array: no method for
'done-popup'" when one tries to access the enabled Properties entry in
its context menu.

So can I set all the options from [table's] properties for [array
define] as well? Drawing as bezier curves etc?

> Also, contrary to [table], you can save the content with the "-k"
> flag.
Could the "save table" flag of tables be disabled/made invisible as
well?

best, P