[PD] 4-point interpolation changes timbre depending on sample rate

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Thu Apr 29 22:01:02 CEST 2021

Because it's too expensive.
Using the CPU meter in Pd, I'm getting at 48k with our waveguide patch
which has 5 delreads in it

delread4~
1x 12%
2x 21%
4x 33%

delreadsinc~
1x 15%
2x 26%
4x 39%

In effect it's delreadsinc~ at 15% (because it doesn't need upsampling)
versus a 4-fold upsampled delread4~ at 33%.
It's a VST3 running libpd, so we need some headroom for the DAW and
whatever other synths and effects the user might want to open.

cordially
Max