[PD] how to get big numbers from array into a file?

Martin Peach chakekatzil at gmail.com
Fri May 7 18:15:38 CEST 2021

On Fri, May 7, 2021 at 11:23 AM Christof Ressi <info at christofressi.com> wrote:

> Thanks for stressing the differences between 64bit and double precision!

The confusion persists though, as double precision is also 64-bit. One
has 64-bit address bus width and the other has 64-bit data bus width.
'64-bit Pd' appears to refer to the wide address version. So I guess
the wide data version is called 'double-precision Pd'? (although it
will also use the wide address bus)(the meaning of 'double precision'
is too ambiguous for me as it will change over time in a way that '64'
hopefully doesn't)
Does the 'double-precision Pd' also save its patches to 6 significant digits?
It is possible to write an external in 'normal' Pd that manipulates
numbers in whatever precision you like, you just can't save the
results unless you do so from within the same external.

Martin