[PD] how to get big numbers from array into a file?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon May 10 08:57:58 CEST 2021

On 5/7/21 5:21 PM, Christof Ressi wrote:

 > I think this has been discussed not too long ago.
 > Maybe IOhannes remembers.

:-)

probably the discussion on [804]

to recap:
katja's original double-precision fixes (on which the current
double-precision support is based) used different formats for displaying
(and saving) numbers, based on whether you were using double precision
or not.
i intentionally left this format magic out (because it also had
undesired side-effects).

> I'm not sure how to solve this... the problem is that "atom_string" is
> used to *save* and *display* floats, but these two operations don't
> require the same amount of precision.

yep.
i agree that we need two different atom2string converters for those two
use-cases.
it would also solve the problem with spaces-in-symbols [824].

i've opened a feature-request [1310]

gfmsdra
IOhannes

[807] <https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/807>