[PD] gem video playback performance

kubriel kubriel at servus.at
Tue May 18 21:24:51 CEST 2021

hallo,
what is the best video codec for Gem?
on my linux machines im using mjpeg in mov for long time already, but if
there is something better i want to know.
because sometimes i use old machines, or very high resolutions.
as video decoding in gem is done on per thread basis, sometimes i cut
video to four quarters, and play each quarter separately into common
framebuffer, so each video has its own thread for my multicore processors.
i made also some experiments with gem-mpv and HAP codec, but i had
troubles with A/V synchronisation.
thanks for hints!