[PD] Resources for building a GEM-based external

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri May 21 18:10:54 CEST 2021

Am 21. Mai 2021 16:47:49 MESZ schrieb "Serguei A. Mokhov" <mokhov at cs.concordia.ca>:
> What's the most recent
> resource that can help us building an external that would work with
> GEM?

in short: there's none.

> Most docs either focus on signal and scalar data or docs for GEM are
> out
> of date on the official pages.
>
> I guess what I am looking for is a recent "ideomatic" example on how
> deal with things that deal with image-like / matrix-like frame data.

it"s probably best to look into the Gem-externals in Gem/extra/

and of course: just pick a similar (interface-wise) object and check the sources.
the Gem source-code is organised in one-source-per-object (+ an accompanying header file) so it should be easy enough to find your way around.

if you have specific questions just ask them (there's a somewhat dormant gem-dev mailing list (and of course pd-dev), in case you don't want to bore the more patching-interested readers)

mfg.hft.fsl
IOhannes