[PD] Pd number boxes, slider boxes, etc. don't update if my main patch is not visible during starting up (Debian) Tcl/Tk 8.6 (Ingo)

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Mon May 24 06:38:03 CEST 2021

Problem solved!

It was an excessive number of [hcs/sys_gui] objects that caused the graphical objects not to update anymore.

I had stored a number of [sys_gui] help patches as a reference for finding certain commands quickly.

Even though the loadbangs were disconnected and they didn't do anything they kept the graphics from working properly.

After erasing these help files and keeping only what was originally in the patch it went back to normal again.

I'm going to eliminate as many of them as possible now and put everything in one central place instead of having them in a number of windows.

Minimizing the number of those [sys_gui] objects should keep everything working . . .

Starting up with my main window hidden behind a GEM jpg logo is not an issue anymore!

Kiosking any window with no delay will crash the window, though!

Ingo