[PD] Pd FLOSS Manual, what to do with it?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Mon May 31 23:07:36 CEST 2021

Em seg., 31 de mai. de 2021 às 07:35, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> I agree. I think the current Pd-extended focused manual could be moved to
> a Pd-extended location for historical reasons.

what's a "pd-extended location" and where is it?

> The "main" Pd FLOSS manual should be Vanilla + links or sections to active
> forks including the original Pd-extended manual. The current manual could
> then be refactored/updated and existing links would not be *terribly*
> broken.

It has now come to my attention that we have different versions of this
manual. There's an archived version =>
http://archive.flossmanuals.net/pure-data/

And a new version created two months ago by 'mickfuzz' which is actually
the same! https://en.flossmanuals.net/pure-data - The Pd Vanila html manual
references to this link, by the way, and also to a french version here:
https://fr.flossmanuals.net/puredata/introduction/

Note that the french version is considerably different, so yeah, we have
quite some chaos... there are two versions somehow, different and
independent unofficial takes on what a Pd manual is and should be and
depending on what language you speak you get a different idea and
information? :)

Well, I'd love to help sort things out, but I don't know where to start,
it's all decentralized in a very messy way.

We need to coordinate the efforts if anything is to be done. I speak no
french, for instance

Where are the floss manuals people anyway? Who is 'mickfuzz'? Who's working
on the french version?

How could I get involved in the english one?

Thanks