[PD] Pd FLOSS Manual, what to do with it?

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 00:17:27 CEST 2021

My 2 cents...

> On May 31, 2021, at 11:07 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres <porres at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> what's a "pd-extended location" and where is it?
>
> The "main" Pd FLOSS manual should be Vanilla + links or sections to active forks including the original Pd-extended manual. The current manual could then be refactored/updated and existing links would not be *terribly* broken.
>
> It has now come to my attention that we have different versions of this manual. There's an archived version => http://archive.flossmanuals.net/pure-data/ <http://archive.flossmanuals.net/pure-data/>

This link is what I consider the "pd-extended" manual as it was written focused on extended, although naturally most of what's there works with vanilla. I would say keep this archived as it is but add some header text and make some edits so it is clear this is

1. for Pd-extended which is no longer maintained
2. kept for archival purposes
3. people should look to the "main" Pd-vanilla manual, where that will be

As to organization and where to put things and who does what, well it looks like mickfuzz is already started on it. In fact, who archived the old manual? Maybe he/she/they did...

--------
Dan Wilcox
danomatika.com <http://danomatika.com/>