[PD] UDP server with Pd

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 14:52:07 CEST 2021

On Tue, 2021-06-01 at 15:27 -0700, Miller Puckette via Pd-list wrote:
> One solution (which the conniption server/client and quacktrip both
> use in somewhat different ways) is for a "netreceive" object to wait
> for an incoming connection and then, once one arrives, immediately to
> close
> its own listening port and for a "nestsend" in the same patch to open
> a connection to the IP and port that the "netreceive" reported (via
> its
> second outlet).  It's a bit complicated but gets the job done.

Turns out this works for light loads only. For the loads I'm interested
in, the clients get "disconnected". Probably the server is sending an
ICMP notification that the destination port is not ready or something
like that and [netsend -u -b] on the client side terminates the
"connection" (outlet turns zero).

Roman