[PD] pyext for Python3 (was: Re: [PD-announce] Deep Learning Models in Pure Data with pyext for Python 3

Koray Tahiroğlu koray.tahiroglu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 21:03:08 CEST 2021

Hi IOhannes,

It has been long time, I was hoping to see you this July during AIMC, but that will be another remote conference this year.

Yes it is the proper way to do, contributing to the Thomas’s original repository directly, when we were preparing the Deep Learning with Audio course materials, it was necessary to fork the main models and setup dependencies, just not to deal with last minute things during the course and to make sure all the exercises will work. Pyext was one of them, same as DDSP, Magenta and others. We also create conda environment to make all the necessary setup, build and installations, the announcement is just to make this work available if anyone needs pyext for Python 3.

I have discussed earlier with Thomas before we started working on this, about the Python 3 version, bu now, if possible,  it would be great to keep everything under the original pyext.

best,
Koray

M.Koray Tahiroğlu
Department of Media,