[PD] [cyclone/MouseState] not working with the Kiosk Plugin on Linux

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Thu Jun 3 22:27:18 CEST 2021

Hi Alexandre,

>  I'll check out [else/button].

>  Is it working with Pd 0.49?

>  i guess it should

> you had mentioned that some stuff in else is not working with the older Pd version.

> yeah, current version is fully compatible to at least 0.51-3, but I guess most of it works with older versions, specially compiled objects

> (this one is a compiled GUI object).

Good to know!

> I cannot update my Pd at the moment.

> I wonder why

Because I have over 300 hardware boxes out there and updating the system with a new software is too much for most musicians who are no programmers.

They can run software updates but system upgrades with a different Pd software or operating system is too much for most users.

> else/mouse is a simplified version of mousestate and there's also else/canvas.mouse, maybe you can try this last one too as it uses

> a different approach by listening to the Pd events.

So there is a chance it will bahave the same way as [MouseState].

I'll give it a try anyway

Thanks in any case for helping out!

Ingo

You had mentioned that some stuff in else is not working with the older Pd version.

yeah, current version is fully compatible to at least 0.51-3, but I guess most of it works with older versions, specially compiled objects (this one is a compiled GUI object).

I cannot update my Pd at the moment.

I wonder why

I might want to try the latest cyclone since my version is already 2 years old.

It also requires the latest Pd for it full compatibility by the way

[MouseState] on it's own has been working for 10 years perfectly and stops working as soon as I activate the kisok mode.

If I disable kiosk it works again. Strange - I wonder what causes it.

Maybe the latest cyclone version has the issue fixed already.

unlikely, but we can try and get to the bottom of this. I don't really know the kiosk plugin well though, and maybe it could also be the one to blame.

else/mouse is a simplified version of mousestate and there's also else/canvas.mouse, maybe you can try this last one too as it uses a different approach by listening to the Pd events.

cheers