[PD] Can't compile pyext for Python3, Python.h no such file or directory (was: Re: [PD-announce] Deep Learning Models in Pure Data with pyext for Python 3)

Alexandros adrcki at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 14:54:22 CEST 2021

I initially replied to Koray's mail under [PD-announce], thought this
fits the main mailing list better.

I'm trying to build everything as instructed here
https://github.com/SopiMlab/DeepLearningWithAudio/blob/master/utilities/pyext-setup/setup-linux.md

Everything is ok until I try to setup pyext. If I type `python build.py`
I get this:

install: cannot stat 'pd-linux/debug-multi/py.pd_linux': No such file or
directory

If I go to pyext-setup/py and type `make CPPFLAGS="-I ../flext/source"`
I get this:

source/pyprefix.h:22:10: fatal error: Python.h: No such file or directory

The thing is I have both Python3.8 and Python3.9 header files installed
in my system in `/usr/include/python3.8/Python.h` and
`/usr/include/python3.9/Python.h` respectively. I'm trying to build the
whole deep learning project with Python3.8. How can I solve this issue?

I'm on UbuntuStudio 21.04.

Thanks