[PD] UDP server with Pd

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 09:29:35 CEST 2021

On Fri, 2021-06-04 at 19:09 -0400, Martin Peach wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 4, 2021 at 6:16 PM Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2021-06-04 at 23:27 +0200, Christof Ressi wrote:
> > > Instead of waiting for
> > > https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/949
> > > - which will probably take months -,
> >
> > I am exploring stuff, partly out of curiousity. There is no
> > expectation
> > of anything to happen in certain time.
> >
> > > you could make a feature request to
> > > iemnet ;-)
> >
> > I just did:
> > https://git.iem.at/pd/iemnet/-/issues/7
>
> Or you could copy the code from mrpeach/udpsndrcv into your own
> external.

To me,  [mrpeach/udpsndrcv] looks more similar to [iemnet/udpclient]
than to [iemnet/udpserver]. Both, [mrpeach/udpsndrc] and
[iemnet/udpclient] require the bind port to be closed before creating a
new connection. [udpserver] would (ideally) keep the bind port open at
any time and still be able to set an address (destination address and
port) for sending.

Roman