[PD] Binaural w32?

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Sat Jun 5 14:40:09 CEST 2021

Hi,

> now Pd (win32) always crashes when opening BinauralDecoder
and dsp on

This is a known bug with BinauralDecoder: it crashes in the process method if you provide less than 4 input channels (= 1st order). I *think* they have fixed this already. Maybe you are using an older version?

Generally, I have the suspicion that you don't use the correct number of channels. Assuming you want to use 3rd order, the StereoEncoder needs 2 input and 16 output channels, i.e. [vstplugin~ 2 16]; conversely the BinauralDecoder needs 16 input and 2 output channels, i.e. [vstplugin~ 16 2].

Christof