[PD] Binaural w32?

Christof Ressi info at christofressi.com
Sun Jun 6 12:50:26 CEST 2021

On 06.06.2021 12:24, João Pais wrote:

>>> 1st order with 4 channels seems to already provide stereo
>>> spacialization
>> Sure, but higher ambisonics orders give more accuracy.
>
> I'll try out. there are at least 6 sources to spatialize, which means
> 6x enconding+decoding plugins adding to the patch. I'm assuming these
> aren't the heaviest processing, but there are already up to 1000
> tabplay~ playing sometimes.

Just to make sure: you only need *one* BinauralDecoder instance where
you would send all your encoded signals.

> ah, now I found out that the values are scaled between 0 and 1. This
> makes sense now.

Yes, VST parameters are always normalized between 0  and 1. Just watch
out for the actual range/mapping. You can easily check it by setting the
parameter with [param_set( and watching the result in the GUI.

> Since I have you here (without abusing), do you know the most adequate
> formula to convert a xy or xyz (cartesian??) coordinate system to the
> stereoencoder coordinates (which I assume are polar?)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spherical_coordinate_system#Cartesian_coordinates

Christof